Monday, November 26, 2012

Chuggin' Along!

It's hard to believe that it's already almost December. That's the one major drawback of living in a tropical climate such as this one; you lose track of the seasons you're used to. So Thanksgiving sort of snuck up on us, and it's looking like Christmas will do the same. Well, at least until we get back to the states.

At this point in the semester, Melissa basically has two weeks left. She takes Mini #3 next Monday, then has 3 practicals between Tuesday and Wednesday (behavioral, histology, and gross anatomy), then the following Monday she takes her final. Needless to say, you probably won't be hearing from her much during this time. Although I can tell you that she always needs a silly YouTube video or two for study breaks, so be sure to send those her way!

As you may know, Melissa and I will be heading to Colorado for Christmas/Laura's wedding (Melissa's sister). We're getting pretty excited to be back stateside. It will be nice to see paved sidewalks and traffic lights again. Although the honking won't be as pleasant (honking down here is like saying hi, and since everyone seems to know everyone...there's a lot of honking). 

I have this irrational fear that when we get back and try to eat some 'familiar' food (like Red Robin), my stomach will freak out because it's gotten used to island fare. I doubt it will happen, but I worry nonetheless. I am somewhat convinced that our dairy-light diets were messed up after we got a gallon of milk last week. So it doesn't take that long to happen...ugh. 

Anyhoo, I'm also taking the GRE in a little less than a month! So that's exciting. I've been looking over review materials, but it can be a little tricky a)not finding sites that trick you into buying some product after you start a practice quiz and b)not stealing. I really, REALLY don't want to pirate any software. So please don't send me any. Really, I mean it. Studying is going well, though. I mostly discover how much vocabulary I actually remember from middle/high school. It's those little things that make your day, you know? 

In closing, I hope you all had a stress-light Black Friday (virtually nonexistent down here), and are out chopping down Christmas trees (or getting Hannukah foliage? Are any of you reading this Jewish?). Keep posting lots of festive stuff on facebook. I enjoy the preparation vicariously through y'all (there's that 7th-grade vocab for you). 

Later, gators (and gatorettes)

-Eric

2 comments:

  1. there are a few sites that let you take one free, full, timed exam, which i found to be really helpful. I know the princeton review website does. good luck! im sure you will rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really good to know. I'll have to check that out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete