Monday, January 7, 2013

Yikes.

(...)

(...tumbleweed...)

[scoots in front of laptop]

Erm, well, hi there. It's been a while, hasn't it? No excuses, I just failed to blog for, oh, about a month and a half. But in my defense, there wasn't a whole lot going on here in Dominica. Melissa was studying non-stop, and I was finished with SP stuff. But it was mainly just laziness on my part.

But now we are back on the island after a nice exciting break in Colorado with the Long's! I got to see my family, Melissa's family, Melissa's sister's (new) husband's family, all good. There was even snow! And it stuck around too (it typically melts depressingly soon). All of our flights took off without any major hitches, which we're also thankful for. We found out that a lot of flights were getting delayed or rescheduled due to bad weather.

Speaking of weather, this place is WET. It has rained a lot lately. You see, the way it typically rains here is clouds roll in from over the mountains (read: little to no warning) and it rains in torrents for 10 minutes. Then the clouds leave. Things dry a little in the sun. An hour later, it happens again. This is all fine, assuming we're in the rainy season. But we're not. This is (allegedly) the DRY season. *Shrugs* The only real downside is that the one thing we forgot to buy and bring back with us to the island are new raincoats. But our umbrellas are still working fine. No worries.

Hopefully none of you have been worrying too much about Melissa; she passed with no problems, and is now a second-semester med student! Her first block is Neuro, which I understand has to do with brains and whatnot. From what she was telling me today, it wasn't that bad. I think it's one of those subjects where you have to memorize a ton of terms, but she knew a lot of them this morning in class I guess.

Well, that does it for me today. I'll have more to talk about later this week, I'd imagine, what with club sign-ups and meetings and whatnot. With any luck I should be able to get into a better rhythm for blogging this semester/year. Thanks for reading, people.

-Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment