Monday, January 28, 2013

"Wait, is he asleep?..."

This is the thought that typically goes through my head when I sit down to do anything (i.e. eat, check email, skype, etc.). Because apparently at this stage, little Rosco tends to be somewhat needy, or in the very least, he needs some direction in order to keep himself occupied. He's like a toddler in that way; when he's awake, it's always "I'm booored!" or "Hey lookit me!". But he has started growing fond of his chew bones, much to my approval. Better the bones than my flip-flops.

Anyhow, I have been spending all this time getting Rosco accustomed to life on the hill, and I forgot to update the blog (big surprise, I know). So I figure I'll just give you a rundown of some interesting factoids/anecdotes related to the pup. Let's start with a picture:


So here's the little guy as of today. D'aww. I assure you, his eyes are not normally blue; it seems that he will not be plagued by "devil dog" pictures, but rather "Frank Sinatra-esque 'Blue-eyes'". This seems infinitely better. Unless it means there's a problem with his eyes...hm...

That pillow he's laying on is his. We gave him Melissa's old one after buying some new, less stinky ones. Simply put, he loves that thing (sometimes literally). And on occasion he even sleeps on it like a human, on his side and everything. He can be a real cutie sometimes.

One common time where he's not so cute is when we have to leave him home in his kennel, like for church or just going to the grocery store. Rosco has such unbelievable separation anxiety, it's terrible. I've started to figure out that the less fanfare I make about leaving, or the quicker I leave, the faster the crying subdues. Yes, he cries. And it's terrible.

Luckily, he's not a total homebody. Three of our neighbors have dogs, so he usually gets an opportunity during the day to play with one or more of them. Since he's the smallest right now, I think he has a little bit of a Napoleon complex going on, what with the extra vocalization when they play, but I think he'll grow out of it. 

Speaking of growing, I had to move his collar to the next hole the other day, so he must be growing, even though it's hard to tell when you spend time continuously around him. He's definitely not a timid little furball huddling under the couch anymore. Good times. Mostly. Just not the poop times.

To close, here's another picture of the little fella.
I don't remember how we got him to sleep in here like this, but it's a cute picture anyways. He was very resistant to the kennel pre-pillow.

I'll try to do another update soon with some Melissa-related news. Take care!

-Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment