Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Dominica: putting the "Swell" in "Swel(l)tering"

I just need to put this out there: it is 8:00 pm local time (same as Eastern time), and it has to still be in the 80s, temperature wise. Throw a little humidity on top with a side of no-breeze-whatsoever, and you've got quite a magical night in store. BLECH.

So my neighbors and I went splitsies on a mini washing machine. It's a cute little beast that hooks up to the sink, and does about half a normal load at a time. Since I got a late start on laundry today (because I couldn't figure out how to attach the hose to my faucet; turns out I just needed some 'oomph' to twist it off), I have several dozen articles of clothing (mostly mine) hanging on a line suspended from our bedroom closet across the room, drying. It probably isn't helping the whole humidity situation, now that I think about it. Darn. I plan to do much more laundry tomorrow, starting bright and early.

For those of you wondering about Melissa's test, DON'T WORRY - she passed! Actually, she got her best score yet! And people were saying that this specific block has the hardest mini. Go figure!

Although to be fair, if you talk to enough people at Ross, you'll hear that every block/semester is the hardest, so I never know what to believe. Although considering how well she did, I'm inclined to promote this piece of information. 

Also, Melissa wanted me to show y'all this list of residencies earned by Ross students last year. It has a break down state-by-state, and from the looks of it, Illinois has a lot of diverse and competitive choices available, and many are near Chicago to boot! Here's the link so you can check it out: https://www.rossu.edu/medical-school/residencyappointments.cfm (not sure if this will come up as a hyperlink...) 

For a puppy update, Rosco is getting a little bigger, and just as energetic as ever. The only good thing about this heat is that it ensures that he doesn't play outside ALL day. Just some of the day. 

Well, I hope you're all doing well. To those of you who are cold, please send me some cold. I want.

-Eric

1 comment:

  1. Don't complain about the heat Eric... we've had "the winter that won't go away' up here on the mainland. Even KC has no green grass yet and we had 7" of snow the other day. A year ago was the opposite, and trees were already leafing out by this time!

    Kudos to Melissa for passing her exam! :-)

    Blessings,
    Karl

    ReplyDelete