Monday, June 10, 2013

Mini tomorrow!

Couldn't think of a very good title, but I like the double meaning that people could get out of it. No, tomorrow is not going to be unusually small; Melissa's tests are just called, "mini's".

Side note: can someone get me the official ruling on if and when it's correct to use an apostrophe to make something plural? Sometimes it just feels right to do it. If I wrote "minis", it looks wrong. Like, latin or something.

But anyhow, yes. Tomorrow is Melissa's first 3rd-semester test, all about those bugs and drugs and hugs, like I mentioned last time. Her routine is solid: up at 6:30, shower/breakfast, out the door at 7:30, power through the day, get on the bus at 11 or 11:30 pm. I think she eats in there at some point(s). As always, she's working hard non stop. Wanna know just how hard she's working? She made me change her Facebook password. Yep. Hardcore stuff, right there.

I hoping we'll be able to enjoy the rest of the day after her test, but based on the weather these last couple days, I'm not so sure. We had a nice stretch of good weather for about a week, but come Saturday evening, it got rain-centric again. It rains off and on all day, with a couple downpours mixed in for good measure. Luckily our water hasn't been affected *too* much, but anything could happen. 

Rosco is doing pretty well, although I know that he hates this weather more than I do. If it's raining harder than a sprinkle, I have to drag him outside (even with an umbrella). Also he tends to sleep a lot more when it's rainy than when it's sunny. He's probably got the right idea, to be honest. I've never been a good napper. Something about the way it usually gets darker while you're asleep, and then you wake up and you're disoriented, and you get sleep burps that taste awful, and...ech. I could go on. Maybe my naps are too long. 

***LIVE UPDATE AS I'M BLOGGING*** Rosco has peed like a boy dog for the first time in his life! He's been a 'squatter' since day 1, but just a few minutes ago, he lifted his leg! I'm so proud.

Anyhoo, be thinking of Melissa tomorrow morning! Hope you're all well!


-Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment